Radical Accountability is considered a practice as there is always an aspect of it that can be evolved, improved, or enhanced in some way. Practice makes profits, but never strives for perfection as that is a setup for failure. Perfection is highly over-rated as we are imperfect beings who don’t need to achieve anything near perfection in order to substantially improve results.
This is the first of the core tenets of Radical Accountability:
Radical Accountability promotes progress over perfection.
This practice of ongoing progress also includes the following core precepts:
- Radical Accountability insists we tell our truth, even if we’re afraid it’ll piss someone off.
- Radical Accountability requires that we be our character.
- Radical Accountability compels us to confront ignorance that causes harm.
- Radical Accountability abhors the addiction to multitasking, advocating single-tasking instead.
- Radical Accountability balances work and life through healthy selfishness.
- Radical Accountability demands compassion, especially towards ourselves.
- Radical Accountability champions personal responsibility.
- Radical Accountability mandates taking the shortest path, leaving the long road to sightseers.
- Radical Accountability embraces simplicity, countering human tendencies towards complexity.
This Week’s Radical Accountability Activating Action: Pick one of the ten tenets above and make it your action focus for the week.
Follow me on Twitter! You can find me here: https://twitter.com/ScottWintrip
Every day I provide pithy pieces of advice and wisdom. Join the growing crowd who read these gems every day.
You may subscribe and encourage others to subscribe by clicking here.
Check out my podcast series called Simply Scott on iTunes.
If you’d like to reach me, email: scott@ScottWintrip.com or call my direct line: (727) 502-9182
Visit my web site: https://www.WintripConsultingGroup.com