One day and one step at a time, every leader can drive positive change that has a lasting impact. Here are seven steps I recommend that you and your team take this month:
- Deliver unexpected value to at least two customers. Everyone loves positive surprises.
- Simplify at least one process, be it in selling, customer service, recruiting, or your back office. Simple is sustainable and often reduces labor intensity.
- Give someone a positive nudge toward achieving slightly higher production levels. This is an act of belief, and people appreciate it when you believe in them.
- Offer a new buyer several options for how they can buy from you. Buyers like having choices. Each option should offer escalating value for an escalating price.
- Take a long, hard look at the bottom 15% of your customer base. These are often the customers who require more of your time and effort while giving you the lowest ROI for your efforts. Start planning now on how you’ll replace these customers with betters ones by the end of the year.
- Unplug for an entire day or, even better, a few days. This will feel like a reboot for your body and brain, making you even more effective when you plug back in.
- Pick one aspect of your skills to make one notch better each day. Use resources, such as my blog, for best practices and ideas for improvement.